Dates and times
Tuesday, 4:30 pm until 6:00 pm
The PumpHouse Theatre
How to get tickets
Contact Jodie by emailing email@example.com or calling 021 231 6617
Join Jodie Dorday for a fun but professional class for children aged 12 or over who want to take their drama skills further.
The focus of the classes is acting and script work – simple but hugely effective learning and performance techniques to make the most of your TV, film or theatre audition.
- How to get the best out of an audition
- what questions to ask
- how to handle ourselves professionally
- how do they see the best of you in 5 mins!
- how to engage with casting agents/directors
- How to make brave choices with our characterisations
- encouraging individual choices and upping the anti so we are unforgettable
- The subtle use of SubText
- tricky stuff but we will start to delve into this area
- How to use Pauses and silences within our scripts to our advantage
- How to find our ‘journey’ within a script
- often the answers are within the writing but how do we know where to look!
- How to ‘Play Against’
- don’t underestimate your audience – let them do the thinking
- Building Self Confidence – and if we don’t have any – learning how to Give Good Fake!
- Basic Yoga and Breathing Techniques
- to calm our minds and bodies, clear our heads so we can truly focus
- Preparation and Performance of Individual Monologues
- within the term we will be working on a monologue each and have this at performance/audition level by the end of the term
- The PumpHouse Performance evening
- a fun evening to showcase our monologues or partner work to family and friends – drinks and nibbles provided