Dates and times
Saturday, 1 December at 10:30 am
The PumpHouse Theatre
How to get tickets
Please click the button to RSVP so we know how many people to expect
A workshop to help you apply for funding
Mary Borok (Community Funding Adviser Arts and Culture, Auckland Council) will be delivering Roadshows around the region in November and Decemeber showcasing recent projects that illustrate what can be achieved with Creative Communities Scheme funding.
She’ll be talking about how to put together your best application, and answering questions. This will be followed by funding clinics with applicants one-on-one across Auckland.
Here is the link to the application form and information about the upcoming funding round that closes on 22 February 2019.
About Creative Communities
The Creative Communities scheme is a contestable fund for projects in local communities with an arts or creative cultural focus, including Matariki and other cultural festivals. It supports:
- workshops, rehearsals performances by community choirs, hip-hop groups, theatre companies, poets, musicians
- development of new tukutuku, whakairo or kōwhaiwhai for local marae
- workshops on printmaking, writing, dancing, music
- exhibitions and festivals featuring local artists
- seminars for local artist development… and more.
Arts or creative cultural projects must start after 10 April 2019 and meet one of the following criteria:
- Access and participation: create opportunities for local communities to engage with, and participate in local arts activities, or
- Diversity: support the diverse artistic cultural traditions of local communities, or
- Young people: enable young people (under 18) to engage with, and participate in the arts*
- Schools: Co-curricular activity that meets criteria may be eligible for CCS funding. Applications for projects in schools must include a letter from the school principal verifying that the activity or project is not part of the school’s curriculum and teaching programme, has not been identified by teachers as an activity they would offer students themselves and is not primarily a vehicle for assessment.
Can’t make this workshop? Mary will be holding workshops across Auckland. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.