There is nothing quite like live theatre – as you theatre lovers will know! But what exactly is it that makes it so special? Here are 10 reasons why we believe theatre is such a special experience.
- No performance is exactly the same, so you are seeing something truly unique!
- The rush of excitement you get watching talented performers portray relatable human emotions right in front of your very eyes can be a moving experience.
- To feel the vibrations of live music (especially in musical theatre) is something pretty special.
- You don’t have to damage your poor eyes watching an interesting story unfold on a screen, instead you can watch an interesting story LIVE!
- There is an element of exciting risk watching live theatre… will the actors remember their lines? Will they hit those high notes?
- There is actual research that shows audiences hearts synching while at the theatre – you can read more about that here
- Just like seeing a sports game live, the atmosphere is incredible (I mean – have you been in the audience for one of our outdoor Summer Shakespeare shows?!)
- History! Theatre mirrors the past, present, and future of our world. It makes history come alive right before our eyes, giving audiences a chance to connect with history and be educated all while being entertained.
- Theatre helps us understand cultures other than our own. We can learn so much about people from all around the world by studying their performance traditions.
- Perhaps the most important of all: COMMUNITY. The gathering of a community to have the shared experience of storytelling has been a thing for as long as humans have lived on earth. For a performance to happen, people need to gather in one place for a couple of hours, and witness an event that may be beautiful, funny, moving, and thought-provoking. In a time where most of our communication happens in front of a screen, bringing people together for a positive experience is something that matters.
Sign up today for regular updates, special offers and the chance to win free tickets.