Our casual team are the heart of The PumpHouse – the Front of House team in particular! The vibrant Nicky has been part of The PumpHouse whānau for a few months now. If you have been to a show recently you’ll likely recognise her smiley face and bubbly, welcoming personality!
We asked Nicky 10 questions about herself so that you can get to know her better, enjoy!
1. Tell us five random facts about yourself
- I was born in Liverpool
- I became an NZ citizen last year
- I attended the royal garden party at Buckingham Palace
- My only sporting claim to fame was Javlin
- I’m enrolled to become a barber this year!
2. How did you come to work at The PumpHouse Theatre?
I saw an advertisement for casual theatre staff on social media.
3. When did you start getting involved in the Performing Arts?
At a young age, I participated in school but that’s it! However, I have an extremely talented daughter who attends NASDA in Christchurch studying for a 3-year degree.
4. What is your favourite thing about The PumpHouse Theatre?
Being part of the theatre team is just amazing. I love the support and friendship from the staff but mostly I get to meet lots of amazing people. I feel extremely grateful.
5. Do you have a favourite memory/memories of The PumpHouse?
Meeting the guy from ‘Educators’ (lol), and sipping bubbles with the staff at Christmas.
6. What time do you wake up in the mornings?
Depends if I need to get up!
7. What is your favourite food?
Italian but partial to a homemade roast dinner 😊
8. What do you get up to when you’re not at The PumpHouse?
I love spending quiet time these days down at the beach with my two dogs. I volunteer once a week for Plunket.
9. Who inspires you?
John & Yoko, and Eckhart Tolle
10. What’s your all-time favourite theatre show?
School of Rock and Chicago