Dates and times
Sat 6th April 5:00pm
Schools, ECCs and Home School Groups (public also welcome)
Mon 8th - Fri 12th April, 10:30am and 1:00pm
Sat 13th - Sun 28th April, 10:30 am and 2:00 pm
No show Good Friday, Easter Monday or ANZAC Day
Youth Theatre Workshops:
Dates to be confirmed
The PumpHouse Theatre
Adult $28, Child $28, Senior $25, Family $25 each, Friends of The PumpHouse $25, Group rates available
Adult $25, Child $25, Senior $22, Family $22 each, Friends of The PumpHouse $22, Balcony Restricted View $22, Group rates available
From $12 per person
One free Teacher Ticket per 10 children
Each booking attracts a Booking Fee $5.00 per booking and a Card Processing Fee of 2.5 percent
Avoid booking fees by joining Friends of The PumpHouse
How to get tickets
Buy tickets online via the red buttons below.
The Man Whose Mother was a Pirate
by MARGARET MAHY
adapted for the stage by TIM BRAY
songs by CHRISTINE WHITE
Ahoy me’ hearties! Margaret Mahy’s rollicking and funny pirate adventure, makes for a brilliant family outing.
The Man Whose Mother was a Pirate tells the story of Sam, an ordinary man who wears an ordinary suit and who works in an ordinary office. But his mother is an extraordinary mother – she’s a pirate and yearns to see the sea again.
Costume Parade (Gala and School Holiday Season only)
Encourage your children to dress up as their favourite character for the onstage Costume parade just prior to the start of the show.
Gift a Seat
While you make your booking you may like to donate to our Gift a Seat programme. This allows Tim Bray Productions to offer a free seat to a child from a low decile school, Kelston Deaf Education Centre, BLENNZ (Blind and Low Vision Education Network of NZ) or Make-A-Wish (NZ). Help a child to smile for a while and allowing all children to have the opportunity to have access to and enjoy live theatre.
NZSL Interpreted Performance: Dates TBC
Audio Described Performance and Touch Tour: Dates TBC
School Holiday Theatre Workshops
Is your child a budding actor, director, stage manager, or theatre technician?
Dates for 2019 to be confirmed
For more information on these popular Half and Full Day Theatre Workshops, visit the Tim Bray Productions website
Booking For Schools
- Free teacher ticket for every 10 children
- Discounts available for schools, Home School and early childhood centre groups starting at $12
- Free Teachers’ Resource Guide, on booking, packed full of cross-curricula activities for before and after your visit to the theatre
- Accessible performances: In the Educational Season Tim Bray Productions offer a NZ Sign Language interpreted performance and an Audio Described performance. See www.timbrayproductions.org.nz for times.
- For large education groups to reserve their seats, please use the booking form below.